KNICKS WIN KNICKS WIN!!!!!!
Well it it wasn’t easy THATS for sure. Knicks came back from down 18 led by the misfit wretched refuse and pulled out a double over time win over the Pistons and their “new culture”.
Where to start?
- Mr. big Shot Galloway hit a huge three to send the game to over time.
- Bargs came back from the dead to put up 25 and 12.
- Sweet Lou grabbed 14 boards and matched up against the Detroit front line.
- Knicks scored 54 points in the paint
- Reggie Jackson looked erratic and couldn’t hit a shot.
- just a great team effort in an otherwise awful season.
Around the Association.
- Phil Jax was slapped on the wrist for saying Ohio State Freshman was a “nice prospect” or something like that. NBA team officials aren’t permitted to talk about non draft eligible players. Phil should know better and his wallet will be lighter because of it.
- Derrick Rose had a “ten minute procedure” to clean out his knee. What can anyone really do in ten minutes? Don’t answer that.
- Kobe is all over the news doing interviews in connection with a Showtime Documentary. He said some things to USA Today about Dwight Howard not knowing what it takes to win and just wanting to joke around in the locker room.
- Kobe had glowing things to say about Phil Jackson. Calling him one of the greatest influences in his life. give it a read at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2015/02/26/kobe-bryant-qa-los-angeles-future-michael-jordan-phil-jackson-advertising/24037549/
- Michael Beasley signed a 10 day deal with the heat. The team that originally drafted him second overall.. Wow.. that came up craps huh? Good luck Beas.
In NCAA Action on Saturday:
Arkansas vs Kentucky 4:00 p.m CBS
Syracuse vs Duke 7:00 p.m ESPN
Arizona vs Utah 9:00 p.m ESPN
Texas vs Kansas 5:00 p.m ESPN
In other news, the world lost it’s Vulcan today with Leonard Nimoy passing at the age of 83. Never a big Star Trek fan but respected the hustle. Star Trek introduced the world to Cell Phones, interstellar travel and teleportation… Well they got one thing right.. Beam him up Scotty.
The Knicks lost a member of their family today. Anthony Mason lost his battle with heart problems. RIP MASE .. Your work ethic and intensity is something we all should thrive to match.
————–ESPN REPORT ————————————
Ian Begley @IanBegley now11 seconds ago
Former Knick fan favorite Anthony Mason dies at 48 — http://es.pn/1JZ4BvV
Anthony Mason, a longtime NBA player who helped the New York Knicks reach the 1994 NBA Finals, has died at the age of 48.
A Knicks spokesperson confirmed Mason’s death to ESPN. The 13-year NBA veteran had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure earlier this month.
One of Mason’s sons said earlier this week that his father was “getting better” following multiple heart surgeries.
Mason was a fan favorite during his five-year tenure with the Knicks. The 6-foot-7 forward teamed with Patrick Ewing,Charles Oakley and John Starks to help the Knicks win the Eastern Conference in 1994 and reach the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Houston Rockets in seven games.
Mason won the NBA’s Sixth Man Award in 1994-95 as a member of the Knicks. He also played with the Charlotte Hornets, Milwaukee Bucksand Miami Heat following his stint with the Knicks